Question-Week ending Sunday 12/14/03:
Choose the one activity that you either take part in regularly, or believe that you should do more often, to nurture your creativity? Please read our Poll Commentary before taking this poll.
It's hard to believe that we are approaching four years since the Y2K scare. It seems like yesterday, that the best minds in the world were using all their creativity to prevent a myriad of disasters that never materialized.
As we discussed in all the "Qualities of Great Leadership Polls" to this point, all eyes of followers look up to the Leader. Thus, it's important for a leader to be creative, if he or she expects those who follow to be creative as well.
If leaders are content with the status quo and do not value creativity themselves, they will do all they can to squash new ideas suggested by others. I have known many leaders personally, who have done just that. And these leaders see nothing wrong with their behavior.
To be creative, you need to nurture creativity in your life. You need to take part in creative activities and solve problems creatively. In our poll this week, we have listed some activities that nurture creativity. Choose the one activity that you either take part in or believe that you should do more often. This poll will end on Sunday 12/14/03, when the results will be displayed.
Our polls and commentaries are enjoyed by hundreds of individuals weekly, with previous polls featured in the top ten of search engines like Google and Yahoo.
- 26% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "creating, constructing or fixing things using their mind & hands."
- 24% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "dreaming, thinking, planning, and....executing their plans."
- 19% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "playing games that make them think or be creative."
- 17% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "playing a musical instrument or creating new music."
- 12% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "reading articles or books on the latest technologies."
- 02% of voters chose they nurture more creativity, by "taking day or night classes in creative activities."
With the exception of the one response - "taking day or evening classes in creative activities," this poll was pretty close in its results.
There are so many ways to stimulate the creativity laying dormant in us. This poll is meant to stimulate our thought processes to be more aware that we need to nurture more creative thinking, and plan activities to do so. Being creative not only produces solutions to our challenges, but can also be a great morale booster and agent to enhance our self-esteem.
One new, creative idea, introduced to a company's business system or process, can greatly enhance their success. Lots of wealth can be created from a single idea. Thus, great leaders will always be proponents of CREATIVE THINKING. Start nurturing your creativity today!