Question-Week ending Sunday 05/04/03:
To what degree do you feel totally fulfilled by how you have planned and utilized your precious time at the end of each month? Please read our Poll Commentary before taking this poll.
The game of life has many similarities to the game of pro football. Let's look at some of them:
- Both games have time limits. Players don't have forever to achieve their objectives en-route to winning the game.
- You need to invest the time it takes to prepare and plan your strategy and have a good game plan and peace of mind before entering the arena
- You need to invest the time it takes to study and learn your skills, so that you could execute flawlessly to win.
- You need to invest the time it takes to be fit and healthy in order to have the energy to play hard until the end of the game
- You need to be a team player and care about and cooperate with your teammates in order to win
- By working hard at all of the above, you have a good chance of achieving a high degree of success, thus reaping great financial rewards
- Achieving worthy goals outside the playing field adds another dimension of fulfillment to your life
As you can see from the above illustration, life is a game just like pro football. All of the titles of our polls in this Time Management Series line up well with the game of pro football. If you plan well and execute well, you will reap the final benefit of Total Personal Fulfillment.
As intelligent human beings, we owe it to ourselves each day, week, month or year to strive and achieve Total Personal Fulfillment in our lives. There's no time to waste on activities that are not fulfilling. If you are a serious player, you need to manage your time wisely!
Let us know in this week's poll, to what degree do you feel totally fulfilled by how you have planned and utilized your precious time at the end of each month. This poll will end on Sunday 05/04/03, when the results will be displayed.
- 37% voted they felt 85%-or Somewhat Fulfilled each month
- 27% voted they felt 90%-or Very Fulfilled each month
- 23% voted they felt 75%-or Not Very Fulfilled each month
- 10% voted they felt 65%-or Totally Unfulfilled each month
- 03% voted they felt 95%-or Extremely Fulfilled each month
Once again, we find few people in this poll voting at the top of the spectrum. In fact only 3% of our respondents felt Extremely Fulfilled each month regarding the use of their time. I confess that I was not one of those 3%. My vote was at 90% or Very Fulfilled. However, that doesn't mean that I am not trying each day to be Totally Fulfilled like we all should.
We are all bombarded by so many un-planned events and circumstances that occur during the course of a month, which can set back even the best Time Management planning. As Frank Sinatra said "That's Life!" We must deal with our challenges and not get frustrated. We have to expect setbacks to happen and not let them get us off track for too long. Keep in mind that we are responsible to ourselves - to be in control of our time. We need to make an extra effort each day to plan and utilize our time wisely.
To conclude this series on Time Management, I hope you have found each topic we discussed to be a valuable use of your own time. As the author of these polls and commentaries, I also would like to believe that I am utilizing my time wisely by investing it in these presentations. I hope you take part in our new poll series on Personal Development Opportunities which begins today. In these polls and commentaries we will reflect back on our own lives to see how well we have taken advantage of growth opportunities that crossed our paths. We hope you enjoy the next eight week series!